Monday, September 14, 2009

Looking Back...

One year ago today, Sept. 14, 2008....Looking back, we are even more thankful for our little blessing from God....our little boy Seth, who will be here in about 10 weeks! You see, one year ago the unexpected happened. Miscarriage. I had not even told Spencer I was pregnant yet. He was in East Asia on a mission trip and I had been anxiously awaiting his arrival back home to tell him we were expecting! But my news to him would be heartbreak rather than joy. I was getting ready for church when it happened. It was killing Spencer not to be there. Neither of us could have forseen this coming. A year later we are even more convinced of the truth of Psalm 127:3 "Children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Six months later, both of us were in East Asia this time....and I was 4 weeks pregnant with Seth---but didn't know it yet! God's timing is perfect and at the same time so confusing to us in the process of it all. Not only do we take comfort in knowing our baby is safe with Christ right now, but that we will see our him or her again. A year later, I am 7 months along with our little boy, Seth, who is moving and growing so much! We cannot wait to see his handsome face in about 2 months!
We had a busy last few days getting ready and preparing for his arrival! Thursday we went to a huge consignment sale called "just between friends'" (JBF)! Best invention ever! Spencer and I got so many great deals! We got to go in early as first time parents! The pictures below show some of the great steals we got there! We ended up saving over $300 if we had bought all of this stuff at regular price. All of the items were in such great condition, the really look brand new! I was impressed! There is another one in Arlington in Oct. that we plan on hitting up! Friday we went and got Seth's stroller at Babies r Us--Spencer was pumped about this purchase! Again this item was a steal...I had a coupon and we also got 10% off! So we ended up paying less than the ticket price! I have to admit, I can't help but push it around our apt. sometimes! Also the crib and changing table have been ordered and should be here soon! We also went to test drive some SUVs! Spencer and I had been thinking and praying about what to do about the car situation for awhile. My mustang just isn't the model family car of choice. So the car situation is in the works and we are working on getting an SUV soon!! My hospital bag has also been packed and ready for the big day!!
Our amazing JBF purchases:
Diaper Genie-$10Bumbo seat--$10

Bouncy Seat (aka happy chair)--$6!!! in perfect condition


Tummy Time entertainment--$18


Bathtub--$10

other random, but much needed stuff--all JBF stuff totaled $198, we saved over $300 if we had bought all of it at regular price!







our other JBF purchase--pack 'n play- only $70! perfect condition!






We are most excited about this one! Seth's stroller! We can't wait to push him around in it!










1 comment:

~JeNniFer~ said...

I am so happy for you. Seth is one lucky little guy!!