Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Starting Preschool

Seth started preschool on Tuesday at a local church near our house at the high recommendation from a friend.  After previewing the school in early summer, I was very pleased with what I saw and Seth loved it too!  Last week we all went to Meet the Teacher Night to meet Mrs. Tara and take in his school supplies.  His teacher is great and she has 2 boys as well, so I know Seth is in capable hands.  The first day of school arrived and all was great until I tried to take the usual first day of school picture.  Seth wasn't having any of it and wanted to play with my camera instead...thus the tears in the first picture.  But I was able to get some more later.  We walked in with him and he was fine and even started playing until we had to say our good byes.  He began to cry and kept crying for a few minutes after we left the room (we stood outside the class to make sure he stopped, he did!)  And he had a great day! He listened and obeyed his teacher and even napped a little during rest time!  They must have worn him out, because he wanted to lay down as soon as we came home.  We put him to bed at 6:15pm and slept until 7:15am the next morning...he was definitely tired! He will go back on Thursday and will hopefully have just as much fun!!  How I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what he's like at school without me!
a rough start to the first day of preschool

there's the smile I was looking for! In the parking lot about to go in

I missed that sweet little face

Daddy walking Seth into school

on our way to class with a birthday card for his teacher

making himself right at home

saying our goodbyes

a happy boy showing me his picture

this is what he wanted to do when we got home

his folder that gets sent home each time with pictures and a report on how and what he did. There is also a calendar for the whole month and lets us know what number, letter, color and shape he's learnning.  They also teach them basic Bible stories and truths

first school picture


this is the report she sends home each time! He did great! (C.U.M.P stands for Crowley United Methodist Preschool)

Here is Seth's school schedule every Tues and Thurs. so you can know what he's up to during the day

No comments: