Monday, October 1, 2012

The Little Brother

Friday Sept. 7th Seth went to stay with my parents so we could have one last date before Noah arrived.  We went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls at Southwestern and then out to dinner.  We didn't stay out too late because we had to be at the hospital for a 5:30am check-in!  Check-in was fast and they got us into a room.  They got my IV hooked up and running by 6:30am and my petocin going so as to encourage Noah to go ahead and come.  I was told I was going to have to labor a bit before they gave me the epidural...say WHAT?!  Ok so we just rolled with the punches and labored for awhile.  Slow progress and soon my Dr. came in and broke my water at 7:30am which got things moving...but slowly.  I labored for another 2 hours or so until I just couldn't stand it...did I mention that Noah was pushing against my ribs with his little feet during every contraction?  Finally it was epidural time (I was at a 5/6 by that time).  I hate the thought of an epidural just because of how they have to do it...through my spine.  However my fear of the childbirth pain far exceeds my fear of needles, so that leaves me with the epidural.  This time around was a much better experience that with Seth and I started laughing as soon as it started to work!  I could however feel a lot more this time but still not as bad as if I hadn't had it.  Noah still had to make a quarter turn in order to be face down and ready for delivery so the nurse kept turning me from one side to the other and I felt Noah make a big movement and he was ready.  My dr. still wasn't in the room yet and I was a little nervous that our nurse would have to catch Noah.  But she did make it in and I was ready to go!  I pushed for about 10 minutes and he was here at 1:05pm on Sept 8, 2012!  Spencer and I were able to enjoy birth this time a little more than with Seth just because we weren't as scared or nervous...we kinda knew what to expect.  Noah was 7lbs 13oz and 20.5in long and perfect!!
at the seminary, the day before Noah was born
39 wks and headed to the hospital at 4:45am

we had a great Labor and Delivery nurse!

Here's Noah brand new

He weighed the same as Spencer!

Noah's first of many diapers!

all wrapped up and cozy

brothers meeting for the first time

Seth loved him right away

my 2 boys!

family of 4

Seth loves to hold him

getting ready to go home

daddy with his boys

Seth can't get enough of Noah

Seth guarding Noah

my 3 guys!

headed home!!

No comments: