Wednesday, January 9, 2013

All aboard the potty train!

While most people counted down to Christmas, this year I counted down to potty training day.  2 days after Christmas we crossed the line from pull ups to big boy underwear, at least during the day.  The night before I covered our couch cushions with trash bags and towels just in case and Im glad I did.  The first day there were a lot of accidents, so much so that I wasn't sure if he was ready. He did however sit on the potty whenever I asked him to.  But Spencer encouraged me that he was ready and to keep at it.  Needless to say I was glad that day 1 was behind us.  Day 2 something surprising happened that morning...he got up off the couch and went to sit on the potty without being asked! Training went on officially for another 4 days...I was just nervous about getting him out of the house, so we stayed in for about a week! Now he can hold it for up to an hour and goes on his own when he needs to! He's also doing great at church and at school with his new found independence as a big boy!  
 so proud that he completed his first potty chart!
he looks mighty cute in his little undies!

1 comment: